Saturday, October 6, 2012

return of the nesting bowls pattern . . .

During the spring I made my kids some easter baskets using the nesting bowls pattern over at a cuppa and a catchup.  I bought a couple of Lizzy House's Guising prints a couple months ago and thought they would be perfect for some Halloween buckets.

The pattern is really great and detailed and even includes cutting instructions for a feature panel.  Yay for no math!

halloween buckets
I made the 8 inch size with the two handle option.  I did end up just using Thermolam for the exterior lining and a lightweight interfacing for the interior.  Because they weren't as stand-up-able as they might have otherwise been, I added a little pintuck thing (is that what those are called?) in each corner to help it stand up straight.

jack-o-lanterns for Harper
ghosts for Jonah
So far my kids think that these make really awesome hats, but pretty soon they will be happily filling them with candy!

3 comments :

Debbie said...

Very fun!!

Krysta said...

Adorable as usual :) I like that you made them bucket shaped, rather than the usual bag. I got the idea to make my kids some trick or treat bags, but then they have all been gifted 2 trick or treat bags each this year (go figure), so....I guess they will go on the to-do list for next year.

Nova said...

So fun! thank you for the nice words about my pattern x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...